Mad Dawg School of Fitness is looking for a knowledgeable, possibly to the point of geekiness, Personal Trainer. MDSoF has provided high level strength and conditioning coaching to all levels of athletes since 2006. In one day, you could be teaching a 70 year old athlete to squat, working with an athlete to develop the shoulder stability for a handstand and finding the perfect cue to help an athlete own the Sumo Deadlift. Currently, this is a part-time position, about 15 hours per week, evolving into 20 – 30 hours in 2016.
- Working one-on-one and in small groups with athletes to help them define and meet their fitness and health goals.
- Assessing new athletes by using Functional Movement Screen and prescribing correctives.
- Writing programs for athletes to be executed both with and without your supervision.
- Coaching strength and conditioning classes.
- Working with other coaches to continue to expand the team’s education and experience.
- Modelling a winning attitude as the face of MDsoF.
- Attending monthly coaches meeting.
Coaching candidates, while athletic ability at the competitive level is not required, coaches should be able to demonstrate the majority of our exercises and lifts e.g. squatting, deadlifting, clean, push-up, pull-up, etc. Most importantly, the coach should be coachable on their technique.
- Working towards or currently certified through one of the nationally accredited industry associations (NASM, ACSM, NSCA, ACE, etc.).
- FMS or SFMA or other assessment protocol required (within 90 days of hiring).
- Minimum of 2 years personal training experience working with clients.
- NueroKinetic Therapy, Massage Therapy or other hands-on training highly desirable.
Please send resume to info at MadDawgFitness dot com