Mad Dawg School of Fitness in a nutshell:
- Sleep: Get at least 8 hours of restful sleep (like many things at MDSoF, this is not as easy as it looks).
- Eat: Prepare the majority of your meals from whole, real, unprocessed food.
- Move: Perform the basic lifts, squat, press, deadlift, and clean correctly.
If you do these these three things, in this order, you will be healthy enough to achieve most fitness goals.
Our training philosophy in detail:
The Vision: We are changing the way health care is delivered.
The Mission: Better health through athletic mastery.
The Culture: The five pillars of developing athletic mastery:
- Neurological skills: Agility, Balance, Coordination and Accuracy
- Physical skills: Flexibility, Strength, Speed, Power, Cardiovascular endurance, Stamina (muscular endurance)
- Knowledge: Development of strategic athletic movement (requires both a movement vocabulary and an understanding of the physiological constraints of athleticism)
- Recovery: Development of nutrition and other methods to recover mentally and physically
- Community: Developing a community that nurtures athletic success
As the athlete learns the above skills, so the athlete progresses along the road of athletic mastery
Our business philosophy in detail:
We are 100% committed to coaching our athletes to achieve their fitness goals. As you can guess from our “nutshell” above:
- We are a trust-based coaching business: Honest, open, face-to-face communication is the foundation of our business.
- We don’t sell supplements
- We only refer our athletes to health practitioners who have treated us and those who have experience with supplements (i.e. we don’t refer our customers to sales people)
- We don’t sell “exercise nutrition” products
- We don’t recommend “exercise nutrition” products except for use in races and longer training sessions (heart rate elevated over 2 hours)
- We strive, at every level of our business, to create practices that treat both our athletes, partners and vendors with the honesty and respect that we expect from them. HelpMeHelpYou
We get many calls each week from vendors, who want to sell us something, yet haven’t even taken 5 minutes to check out our website. Each of these calls takes time away from coaching our athletes. To reduce the amount of time we spend saying “no thanks, you haven’t done your homework” to vendors, as respectfully as possible, we have embedded a code on this page (it is the only phrase in italics). When you call or email please use that code in your voice mail message or in the subject of your e-mail, otherwise we won’t return your phone call/e-mail. Thank you for respecting our athletes’ time.