Here are some notes:
- If you have never heard of the KB chops, here is a good video.
- We are adding a few more days of Front Squats. This workout is meant to build strength in your connective tissue by adding volume. The workout on Monday, 4/28 is intended to be lighter, about 50% of 1 RM. Adjust the weight so you can do 10 reps in a row.
- The KB Combo can be done a number of ways, but it is always dependent on the pressing weight. You can, either use one or two KBs or DBs (you will have to clean the DBs). If you want to spice it up, ask a coach to help you learn the KB Clean.
- The workout on Wednesday, 4/30 is meant to be done on each hand in each round. For instance, round one is 30 sec of TGU to hand on the right arm then 30 sec of TGU to hand on left arm. Remember to transfer the KB near the ground, not in the air over your head/chest. (I probably didn’t have to write that, but as we all know, safety is no accident.) Next, the KB Chops for 30 seconds in each direction. Then only one measly minute of candlesticks.
- The workout on Friday, 5/2 might need some explanation. On the odd rounds, the 50M single arm rack carry is really 25M on one arm and 25M on the other. You should use the KB clean to transfer the weight if possible. If you want to spice up the workout, try to use a barbell for the whole workout and start with the bar on the ground. These front squats are meant to be done as fast as possible with the best technique possible. Too easy for you, hang out in the bottom of the squat for 5 or 10 seconds or ’til the end of the minute after all five squats. If you want to add just a little difficulty, hang out at the top of the squat after all five squats until it is time to do your rack carry.
If you have any additional questions please post them here or ask a coach.