Most of you know that Kris is going to be gone for the next two Mondays. We have a workshop next Monday at 7 PM that will help you with your time in the mobility class. While the workshop has “rehabilitation” in the title, this is not just for injured people. However, if you do have a nagging injury or chronic tightness this would be a great workshop for you because it will give you some information that will help your coach and you figure out what you need help with. The workshop will be about 30 min of discussion and 30 min of hands on testing.
Instructor: Bob Gazso is a Massage Therapist and certified in Active Release Techniques (ART), Rocktape, NeuroKinetic Therapy (NKT), Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA), Functional Movement Screen (FMS), Proprioceptive Deep Tendon Release Technique, and Myofascial Release (MFR).
A little of what’s going to be covered in the workshop:
* Is the site of pain and the source of the pain always the same thing?
* Couple of case studies from Bob
* Muscle balance issues in both shoulder and hip
* Strength gain vs weakness management
* Glute amnesia
* How ankle dysfunction can cause knee, hip, back or even neck pain
Please bring warm clothes, it gets cold in the evening!