I am sure there are a number of questions about the swim workout this Saturday. If you have any additional questions, please post.
Location: Greenmeadow pool – I checked out the directions from the gym to the pool and Google tells you to go through neighborhood streets. I personally wouldn’t go that way but it will get you there. There are many ways to get there, if you get lost, call me and I will try to hep.
- There will be swimming in Tough Mudder, or at least there was last year. It isn’t far but it will be cold. You can always walk around any obstacle, but if you decide to swim, you should feel comfortable in the water.
- We are planning a swim/run workout at Lake Del Valle on Saturday, June 30 so this session is to make sure we are all safe and comfortable in the water (or at least know that you are uncomfortable in water).
- Finally, if you are uncomfortable in the water, we will have two (!) helpers, Kris and Leigh Anne, who are both very good swimmers and coaches, who will be able to help you with your stroke/technique. I, for one am super excited about this. Swimming is a very technical sport and you can make significant improvements with just a few well timed fixes.
- Please be on time so that we can get properly warmed up. I don’t know about you but I haven’t been swimming in a while so we are going to be especially nice to our shoulders (that’s Saul-nice not Sven/Helga-the-blonde-Swedish-god(ess)-rubbing your shoulders with scented-oil-nice).
- 09:00 – Dryland shoulder warm-up
- 09:10 – Easy swim at your own pace
- 09:15 – 250 M swim, any stroke, no resting, if possible
- 09:20 – Stroke drills/technique practice
- 09:35 – swim, run, squat, burpee, etc. workout
- 09:50 – Stretch and shower
What to bring: The pool has showers but bring your own towel. Also goggles and a swim cap would be good but are optional. We will do some running so bring some shoes (we are training for Tough Mudder after all). If possible, swim in the clothes, or close to it, you will use for the Tough Mudder. Bring water. De-brief at Peet’s afterwards.
Final word from Leigh Anne: “Please join us even if you’re timid in the water I would love to help you!”
This is going to be super fun, you don’t have to be a Tough Mudder (TM) to join us. Post comments or suggestions.